Water gardens 20km : 20 min.
The picturesque 5 acre property has funny signs and scenes throughout, and is complete with giftshop, playground, and function centre for weddings and other occasions. The wheelchair friendly path through the gardens will take you over bridges, past water lily ponds, waterfalls, waterwheels and magical fountains. You will be kept entertained by our friendly hand fed birds and fish, plus our fascinating turtles, said to be the oldest in New Zealand.
Also set within the gardens is a Can Museum, displaying over 11,000 different beer, soft drink and unusual cans from around the world.
Open Sunday to Thursday, 10am – 4pm (October to April).
Open Sundays only May to September.
Open by appointment outside these hours for groups.
- Picturesque 2 hectare water gardens with wide variety of plants and water features.
- Designed for year round viewing
- Fully pathed and wheelchair accessible
- Giftshop and souvenirs
- Function centre for hire
- Picnic areas
- Children’s play area and quiz
- Waterplants, fish and birds for sale
- Fascinating Can Museum
- Home to some of New Zealands oldest turtles